Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Is Jesus an "Asshoe??"

This spring I called up my close friend Alex and told him:

"I'm moving back home and we're getting the band back together
no more Jesus stuff, I'm just gonna get a decent local trucking job
and get laid all the time with as many girls as I can to make the band
look cool."

Alex was like, "Cool man, that will be fun."

That morning after a long period without any heavenly signs
of sunshine or thunder or lightning I awoke to a small thunder storm,
Lightning shot in my eyes when I thought of forgetting the quest to return as Jesus
Thunder reported when I thought of my love for Laura Hartung,
who I know is Mary Magdalene...

I apologized to God.  I apologized to the Buddhas.
whichever one makes sense to you.

So now no one understands me around town.
They wonder what I am up to.
They are sick of my music performances on the street
And why shouldn't they be?
I've overplayed them

But what I think they hate more than anything
is the fact that I wait for her.

They've tried to call me gay.
Gay men have tried flirting with me and they knew
I knew what they wanted and that I wanted something else.
Girls hate me for not considering them.
Some are sympathetic and know.
Guys are at times sympathetic
and at times know it's an easy whipping boy
to make fun of for all his oddness.
An easy victory to score.

Some lecture behind my back
in passing about how I should just be normal
and I could get laid and get a hot chick
and be cool and normal.
They think I just am trying to be Bob Dylan
and be rich and never work.

But I've been through too many incredible
heavenly signs.
They are the signs of my return
and there will be no others.

I had a knot in my vertebrae
behind my heart chakra that I have worked out now.
I akin it to Odysseus wearing the rags and gait of a beggar
when he returns to Ithaca...

I was fated to have my heart broke at 15
and not be repaired until 30...
So in a way I'm only 16
and I think that's why I'm aging slower
than the people I grew up with.

But now a new test begins.
The last test was easier.
I just had to come out and the glory
Justified my faith.

Now comes the test
where I will face sadness,
the same sadness I cowered to and fell from
at 15,
I now will rise above

With faith in the signs I've seen
that I must carry them out to their final end
Without losing heart.
Playing through the pain.
Waiting like a stone.

Alone.  Alone.  Alone.
An outcast.
"A waste?"



guess you'll just have to stick around until the ending...

No comments:

Post a Comment