Monday, September 10, 2012

Teaching with Melody

There's old pictures in southeast Asia of
Maitreya with a guitar.



One of my earliest memories
Was listening to my mom run the vacuum
For 45 minutes or so
and just humming with in the distorted noise
like not knowing it was my destiny or something

They say in certain buddhalands they teach the dharma through smell.
Here I will use jazz.
And jazz will use me.
It's how to become clairvoyant
Louis Armstrong may have been an emanation
of Amoghasiddhi
Robbie Robertson stole that from me
When I wrote it down a couple years ago.

Blues comes from nothing you can see.
and thus does Maitreya's psychic abilities...

la la la

And all I wanna do with them is
play, play, play

and that's why the gods
and buddhas trust me.

and right now i suck so bad
everyone will laugh and say i should quit.
and they're right.
i guess it's the thrill of victory,
or the agony of defeat

and defeat i can take.
it's the horrid gray numb
of cubicle and the Ford-150
i cannot take.

No comments:

Post a Comment